Booking a stay with Remixto will mean you abide by this accommodation agreement.
- This agreement is between the Guest and Property Owner. This agreement details the terms and conditions that apply between the Guest and Property Owner relating to the rental of the Accommodation.
- Reminaged Property Services, which operates Remixto.com, is the Property Owner’s agent for the purposes of this agreement but is not the Property Owner.
- To confirm your reservation, Remixto must collect a prepayment for an amount as detailed in the Booking Summary (which may be the entire amount of the rent due).
- The Accommodation will be booked for the Rental Period after Remixto has received prepayment and a booking confirmation has been sent to you via email. Until you have received a Booking Confirmation, a binding contract is not in place.
- Upon receipt of the Booking Confirmation, you will be required to pay any outstanding fees in full.
- You can cancel your reservation within the first 24 hours of making it without penalty if you have booked an Accommodation more than seven days prior to the start of your stay.
- If cancellation is made greater than 45 days prior to check-in, full rental payment will be refunded. If cancellation is between 15 and 45 days prior to check-in, 50% of rental payment will be refunded. Cancellations 14 days or less prior to scheduled check-in will result in forfeiture of rent and fees.
- Regardless of when cancellation is requested, any damage deposit paid will be refunded in full.
- Remixto is not entitled to cancel a booking once a Confirmation of Booking has been sent. However, there may be circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Remixto or emergencies in which the Accommodation is unavailable for all or part of a Rental Period. In those exceptional circumstances, Remixto will arrange for suitable alternative accommodation during the Rental Period. (When possible, the alternative accommodation will be of comparable quality and character within 2 miles of the location of the original Accommodation). If alternative accommodation is available, then your contract with Remixto may be terminated and Remixto will arrange for a new agreement.
- In the event that the Accommodation becomes unavailable during the Rental Period and in the event that you do not accept any suitable alternative accommodation which is offered to you, then you are entitled to cancel the booking and any amounts paid will be refunded to you, but neither the Property Owner or Remixto will be liable to you for any further amounts in respect of the cancellation of the booking.
- In the event of a tropical storm or hurricane advisory, please call us regarding your reservation. If the area is advised or mandated by local, state, or federal government to evacuate for a day or more due to a tropical storm or hurricane, your rent will be credited back to you on a daily pro-rated basis.
- If the Accommodation is for sale, this information will be displayed on the Rental Listing. If the Accommodate sells and the booking cannot be fulfilled, See Note 4
Fees and Charges
- You agree to pay all agreed charges without discount. Charges set out in the Booking Summary are only the rental payment. These rental charges exclude any in-home or other services you may arrange directly with Remixto.
- You agree that a portion of the damage deposit shall be applied to any expenses incurred by the Property Owner or its agents (Remixto or otherwise) to repair the property, replace any lost or damaged personal property or excessive cleaning costs incurred as a result of your use of the premises.
- When reservation payment(s) are made directly to Remixto, damage deposit must be received within 15 days of check-in. A refund of this payment will be issued within two weeks of departure, provided conditions are observed and keys are returned to Remixto or the Property Owner.
- This agreement is a license to occupy the Accommodation during the agreed period as set out in the Booking Summary (“Tenancy”).
- At check-in, a Tenancy Agreement will be presented to you for your agreement and signature. If you’re staying 28 nights or less, read a copy of this agreement here. Tenancy Vacation Rental Agreement.
- For long-term stays, every Remixto home we rent has slightly different rules. Inquire for details.
- Failure to appear on the day of check-in without notice, pay damage deposit when due, or to sign a Tenancy Agreement will be considered a cancelled reservation.
Liability and Claims
- Any claims made by you under this agreement must be made initially through Remixto. Remixto has the authority to negotiate and settle claims on behalf of the Property Owner.
- The Property Owner will not be liable to you for any business, financial or economic loss or for any consequential or indirect losses such as lost reputation, lost bargain, lost profit, loss of anticipated savings or lost opportunity arising as a result of this agreement, the Accommodation or the rental (whether such loss arises as a result of the Property Owner’s negligence or otherwise).
- The Property Owner’s liability for all losses (with the exception of personal injury or death arising as a result of negligence) will be limited to the cost of obtaining replacement accommodation for the agreed Rental Period or the amount of the Accommodation Fees and charges payable by you, whichever is the higher amount.
- Nothing in this clause limits or excludes the liability of the Property Owner for death or personal injury arising as a result of their negligence or the negligence of their agents or employees.
- You agree that you have the power to enter into this agreement.
- You will not be entitled to withhold by way of set-off, deduction, counterclaim any amounts which you owe to the Property Owner against any amounts that that may be owed to you.
- The Property Owner will be entitled to sub-contract or delegate their obligations under this Agreement.
- The Property Owner will not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of these terms by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of their obligations, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond their reasonable control such as severe weather, subsidence, power or other utility cut-off, burglary, natural disaster, strikes, governmental action, terrorism, war and civil unrest.
- Save in the case of fraud these terms represent the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any previous marketing information, representations or agreements whether recorded in writing or otherwise.
- The parties agree that these terms are fair and reasonable in all the circumstances. However, if any provision of these terms is held not to be valid by a court of competent jurisdiction but would be valid if part of the wording were deleted, then such provision shall apply with such deletions as may be necessary to make it valid. If any of the provisions in these terms are held not to be valid the remaining provisions of these terms shall remain in full force and effect.
- These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Yucatán, Mexico. You agree to submit to this exclusive jurisdiction.
- If you breach these terms and conditions and the Property Owner decides to take no action or neglects to do so, then the Property Owner will still be entitled to take action and enforce their rights and remedies for any other breach.